One of the most important genres of the post-rave era, Drum & Bass might be the fastest consumed of them all. Though it never really became commercial, its influence was huge throughout the 90s and there were quite a number of artists that made it to the charts.
Early D&B tracks incorporated lot of elements from hardcore/rave sounds which initially defined the genre. It then began to split into subgenres and evolved into different directions up until the late 90s when styles like Speed Garage or 2 Step took over the scene that D&B became underground again. The last decade has seen many transformations within the drum ‘n’ bass sphere led by its descendants like Dubstep and Grime which deformed the style’s structure but derived from its bass/breakbeat roots.
D&B lives on and a lot of producers have been creating remarkable new sounds in the last few years. This podcast mainly focuses on these new territories which sort of fall on the genre’s minimal, ambient and abstract side.
1. Ezekiel Honig - Love Session (Graphic Remix) - Microcosm Music
2. Abstract Elements - Apathetic Vibe - Alphacut Records
3. Data - Delicate - Influence Records
4. Loxy & Resound - Black Hole - Exit Records
5. The Blunt Needles - Taking Seriously - Subtle Audio Recordings
6. Phace & Noisia – Sore Point - Neosignal
7. Photek - Axiom - Science
8. Instra:mental - No Future - Nonplus Records
9. Ramadanman - Reclaim - Critical Recordings
10. Alix Perez - Fade Away - Shogun Audio
11. Rockwell - Underpass - Critical Recordings
12. Cyantific - Empty Streets - Hospital Records
13. Bop - Forms, Ideas And Chips - Med School