2 posts tagged Ambient House
Microhouse is actually a subgenre of House music as the name suggests. It is frequently associated with Minimal House, but there are distinctive elements that make this style truly micro. It obviously strips house music down to a more minimal structure, but what really defines the sound’s make-up is the sampling technique which heavily employs extremely short cuts and clicks as well as glitchy & noisy sounds usually processed through digital means.
Although the first examples of Microhouse appeared in mid-90s, the genre didn’t really begin to gain popularity until the early 2000s, before almost entirely disappearing come the second half of the decade. Because the style reflects a period’s technological approach to music-making, it was only prominent during that very period. It also became less and less interesting over time, because of the excessive use of micro sounds.
There’s still similar music out right now, but back then it was kind of thrilling to discover music made with a decidedly new technological approach. So, this podcast focuses on a particular era which I find unique, laden with immense examples of deeper Microhouse.
1. Radiq - Tomorrow’s Quest Part 1 - Logistic Records
2. Metaboman - Big Operation - Musik Krause
3. Jan Jelinek - Rock In The Video Age - ~scape
4. Ezekiel Honig - Love Session - Microcosm Music
5. Tilman Ehrhorn - Pool - Mille Plateaux
6. Auch - Tomorrow Goodbye (Farben Remix) - Force Inc. Music Works
7. Sutekh - Periods.Make.Sense/10 - Force Inc. Music Works
8. Crackhaus - 40oz Funk - Force Inc. Music Works
9. The Vulva String Quartett - Out Of Sight (Farben Says: It’s Out Of Sight Mix) - Combination Records
10. Murat Tepeli - Work It - Playhouse
11. Manmade Science - Connect The Motorcities (Soulphiction Remix) - Perlon
12. Rip-Off Artist - Little Tiny 1/8” Jack - Vertical Form
13. Someone Else + Miskate - Rip it Cookie Muenster (Matthew Dear Remix) - Foundsound
14. Twerk - Motala - Context
15. Metaboman - Easy Woman (Robag Wruhme Remix) - Musik Krause